Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A sure sign you need to update your taste in music

I changed departments this week, as per the rules of my internship. My new department is all kinds of fabulous. I am busy nearly all the time. I mean, not right now. That would be RATHER unprofessional of me. But other times. I love it here.

The only downside is that I work next to a woman named Joanna. She is lovely; very sweet, very helpful, really cute shoes.

But her name is Joanna. Which is a name I thoroughly liked until Sweeney Todd: The Musical came along. There is a young woman in it with that same name, and there is a young man who sings to her (whilst staring at her through a window), "I'll steal you, Joanna. Do they think that walls can hide you?" Like, in this really slow, high-voiced way.

AND EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS HER NAME, I START SINGING IT.

Not out loud. But knowing me, it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment